Air Conditioning UK: More domestic households in the UK are enjoying the benefits of air conditioning than at any other time. Up to now, air conditioning systems have been a typical sight in offices, retail units and salons, but with hotter summers, wetter winters and the search for more energy efficient ways to heat and cool our homes in the UK, air con is being increasingly used in apartments and houses. However, is your property in the UK a good prospect the installation of air-con?
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM AIR CONDITIONING?
Temperature Control: This is the obvious answer, especially in the hot summer months, but a lot of folks in the UK fail to grasp that air conditioning systems are also useful for heating their home. Conventional heating and cooling methods are becoming less effective and a lot less popular, with modern homes in the UK becoming more air tight and having much less thermal bulk. In a modern day UK property a newly installed air conditioning system can provide you with all your cooling and heating needs from the deepest winter to a long hot summer.
Air Purifying: With interior units which ionise and filter the air which flows through them, the air that enters your house is particle-free, clean and provides a major reduction in the quantities of pollen, dust and fumes from the outside.
Humidity and Ventilation: There'll be decreased humidity and improved ventilation as the movement of stale air from the inside of your property is replaced by filtered, clean air from outside. When in cooling mode during warmer summer months, your air con also performs a useful dehumidifying function which will help to minimise the growth of moulds and dust mites.
HOW EFFICIENT ARE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS?
All air-con units supply details to indicate their efficiency in heating and cooling:
A British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a rating that shows how efficient an air-con unit is at cooling down a given area. The higher this BTU number, the greater area the product is able to cool. An air con unit with a BTU figure of about 10,000 will be needed for a living room of 5 mtrs x 5 mtrs, for example.
EER is the Energy Efficient Ratio and provides a rating of how effectively the air conditioning system transforms electrical energy into cooling and heating. For heating there is one number and for cooling, a different one. The more efficient the unit, the greater the rating. A good example of a rating is 1:3. This signifies that for every 1Kw of electric power used, the unit can supply 3Kw of heating or cooling. This rating should be conveniently found on the aircon units.
By closing all doors and windows in the house and setting the internal unit to eco mode, the efficiency of an air-con system can be markedly improved. Also sometimes referred to as "silent mode", this function is useful in certain areas where you want noise to be kept to a minimum, and also for nighttime operation.
- Air-Con Technicians Ibstock
- Air-Con Technicians Wadebridge
- Air-Con Technicians Rishton
- Air-Con Technicians Sandridge
- Air-Con Technicians North Mymms
- Air-Con Technicians Knaphill
- Air-Con Technicians Ashby De La Zouch
- Air-Con Technicians Markfield
- Air-Con Technicians Martock
- Air-Con Technicians London Colney
- Air-Con Technicians Helston
- Air-Con Technicians Broughton
- Air-Con Technicians Waltham
- Air-Con Technicians Axbridge
- Air-Con Technicians Hook
- Air-Con Technicians Burscough
- Air-Con Technicians Buntingford
- Air-Con Technicians Holmes Chapel
- Air-Con Technicians Waltham Cross
- Air-Con Technicians Englefield Green
- Air-Con Technicians Loddon
- Air-Con Technicians Chorleywood
- Air-Con Technicians Barnoldswick
- Air-Con Technicians Wistaston
- Air-Con Technicians Grappenhall
- Air-Con Technicians Glastonbury
- Air-Con Technicians Freckleton
- Air-Con Technicians North Wingfield
- Air-Con Technicians Seaton
- Air-Con Technicians Street
- Air-Con Technicians Market Bosworth
- Air-Con Technicians Cobham
- Air-Con Technicians Heanor
- Air-Con Technicians Rainworth
- Air-Con Technicians Long Ashton
- Air-Con Technicians Brierfield
- Air-Con Technicians Shenstone
- Air-Con Technicians Anstey
- Air-Con Technicians Dawlish
- Air-Con Technicians Bovey Tracey
- Air-Con Technicians Bruton
- Air-Con Technicians Billingshurst
- Air-Con Technicians Elstree
- Air-Con Technicians Highbridge
- Air-Con Technicians Blackwater
- Air-Con Technicians Penkridge
- Air-Con Technicians Thornton Cleveleys
- Air-Con Technicians Whitehill
- Air-Con Technicians Aylestone
- Air-Con Technicians Hingham
- Air-Con Technicians Cheadle
- Air-Con Technicians Haslington
- Air-Con Technicians Oswaldtwistle
- Air-Con Technicians Audley
- Air-Con Technicians Marchwood
- Air-Con Technicians Kings Langley
- Air-Con Technicians Poulton Le Fylde
- Air-Con Technicians Balderton
- Air-Con Technicians Minehead
- Air-Con Technicians Stockton Heath
- Air-Con Technicians Horncastle
- Air-Con Technicians Barton Upon Humber
- Air-Con Technicians Woodbridge
- Air-Con Technicians Burgh Le Marsh
- Air-Con Technicians Selsey
- Air-Con Technicians Launceston
- Air-Con Technicians Sileby
- Air-Con Technicians Blaby
- Air-Con Technicians South Normanton
- Air-Con Technicians Whitworth
- Air-Con Technicians Lightwater
- Air-Con Technicians Barwell
- Air-Con Technicians Helmshore
- Air-Con Technicians Sawley
- Air-Con Technicians Brigg
- Air-Con Technicians Warsash
- Air-Con Technicians Cheslyn Hay
- Air-Con Technicians Enderby
- Air-Con Technicians Bagshot
- Air-Con Technicians Warlingham
- Air-Con Technicians Groby
- Air-Con Technicians Carnforth
- Air-Con Technicians Blacon
- Air-Con Technicians Sidmouth
- Air-Con Technicians Diss
- Air-Con Technicians Essington
- Air-Con Technicians Garstang
- Air-Con Technicians Lee On The Solent
- Air-Con Technicians Ilfracombe
- Air-Con Technicians Oxted
- Air-Con Technicians Virginia Water
- Air-Con Technicians Glenfield
- Air-Con Technicians Somercotes
- Air-Con Technicians Hassocks
- Air-Con Technicians Thelwall
- Air-Con Technicians Dulverton
WHAT AIR CON UNIT IS SUITABLE FOR YOUR UK HOME?
If you are renting a house or flat in the UK it may not be a possible option, or even be permitted under your rental contract, to install a permanent air conditioning system. The solution in this case could be to purchase a portable air-con appliance, that you will be able to move from room to room as needed, and can even take with you if you rent a different property. These can be an excellent alternative for people on a tighter budget or who aren't allowed to have a permanent fixture, although they are apt to be noisier than permanent air con units. Aside from the fact that it can be set-up and running within minutes of unboxing, a portable appliance also has the benefit of not needing to be installed by a professional.
Air conditioning systems that are designed for domestic use is usually based on an indoor controller and vent, with an outdoor unit which includes the main heating and cooling equipment. These units will need to be professionally installed to obtain maximum performance and efficiency. The interior controllers can be found in a variety of patterns to blend in with your environment. You can choose from a ceiling cassette style installed centrally in your living space, a high level bulkhead unit which is mounted up on the wall, ducted vents, like those often found in hotels or low units which appear much like central heating radiators. All of these interior units have fairly similar characteristics, whatever one you choose.
If you are living in a listed building in the UK, there are options where no external units are needed. In situations where these are essential, internal condensing air conditioners are available which have a high level of performance and operate virtually silently. The advantage of having no external equipment means that, in most situations they can be installed in listed buildings and properties within conservation areas, but you should verify that with your local authority planning department before any actual installation begins.
AIR-CON MAINTENANCE UK
Even though modern air conditioning systems are usually dependable and long-lasting, to increase their potential service life, they'll need a little maintenance now and then. A meticulous check up will be essential at times, which is understandable when you consider how a fully functioning and optimised air con unit will increase the health benefits and efficiency, however some tasks, for example wiping down surfaces or cleaning external filters can be undertaken by the home owner.
An experienced aircon installation company in the UK should be able to provide you with various levels of service; from a routine maintenance plan for larger systems, to a once-only inspection of your external and internal air conditioning equipment. To give you a fair degree of reassurance regarding the reliability and future upkeep of your units, many companies will provide a parts and labour warranty on aircon equipment they install and maintain.
FINDING AN AIR CONDITIONING INSTALLER IN UK
Providing practical advice about the available systems, an experienced UK air conditioning company will evaluate your particular needs and come up with the most suitable solution. Although by phone or email, you may be able to successfully communicate cooling/heating requirements and room sizes, an experienced company will need to perform a site survey to be able to supply the optimum aircon solution.
The site survey will include measuring the precise dimensions of the rooms you wish to be air conditioned. There will be a suitable setup that meets your needs, from kitchens to loft conversions, family rooms to bedrooms. The electric supply and any associated connections will have to be inspected to be certain that your consumer unit and mains supply won't get overloaded by new air conditioning system. So that your particular air conditioning requirements can be fulfilled and certifications and guarantees provided, this survey will establish the appropriate size of system which is needed.
At this stage you should discuss if there are any maintenance programs and warranties that the installer offers on its aircon systems in the UK. The type of premises that the air-con is for, and the complexity of the system, will influence the kind of maintenance plan which is required, for example if it is for a commercial setup, like a bed and breakfast estabishment, an office building or a multi-occupancy property, or for a solely residential property in the UK.
It's always advisable to check if the UK aircon company you're looking at, features on the authorised installer list of the manufacturers who's products they're installing. They also need to hold a current F-Gas Certificate to be able to work legally on aircon equipment containing HCFC or HFC refrigerants. These should all be backed up with being affiliated with an acknowledged professional organisation or trade body like the ACRIB (Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board), which is regarded as one of the major air conditioning associations in the United Kingdom and offers insurance guarantees and training to its members, or the Institute of Refrigeration (IOR), which additionally provides membership to professionals in the air conditioning and refrigeration business.
Air conditioning installation can be done in UK and also in: Sheffield, Northern Ireland, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Swansea, Greater Manchester, England, Bristol, Scotland, Liverpool, Birmingham, Belfast, Wales, London, Glasgow, together with these postcodes SL4 1NG, SL4 2BB, SL4 1PE, SL4 1YA, SL4 1HN, SL4 1WZ, SL4 1JF, SL4 1AT, SL4 1EW, SL4 1ED. Locally based UK air conditioning installers will most likely have the telephone code 044 and the postcode UK. Verifying this can make certain that you are accessing local providers of air conditioning. UK property owners are able to utilise these and various other similar services.
The Maintenance and Servicing of Air Conditioning UK
Once your aircon system has been installed, it's vital that it is maintained and serviced on a consistent basis. Always try to use an air conditioning company in the UK that focuses on the maintenance and servicing of air-con units, as well as the initial installation. It is highly advantageous to have somebody on hand who can check your air conditioning units and determine whether a particular part or component needs replacing, because it is nearing the end of its useful life. There's very little doubt that this can be the difference between your unit continuing to give good service, or breaking down altogether.
We can confidently say that generally speaking the life expectancy of an air-con unit that has been neglected will be substantially shorter than one that is frequently serviced and maintained. Therefore, to keep your air conditioning functioning efficiently, reduce your energy bills and maintain a cool & comfortable temperature in your UK premises, make sure your equipment is well-maintained.
How often will an air conditioner needs to be serviced? Although frequent maintenance checks are not a legal requirement, they are generally recommended. It's advised that you have air conditioning equipment checked one time per year, even without noticeable issues, to make sure that it's performing to the best of it's ability. Your air conditioning equipment may need servicing if:
- If it takes longer than usual to get a room cool, this could well be because the coolant level is too low.
- If your appliance is noisier than it usually is, there may be a mechanical issue or perhaps the filters may be blocked and need to be changed.
- If your aircon costs more to run than usual, it might need to be tested.
UK Air Conditioning Tasks
There is a range of work that can be completed by your local UK air conditioning contractor including Toshiba aircon unit installation, basement cooling, ventilation system installations, central air systems in the UK, air conditioning design, central air system maintenance UK, air conditioning maintenance plans, landlord air conditioning services, air conditioning for heating, air conditioning rental, heat recovery ventilation systems UK, VRF air conditioning units, Mitsubishi air-con units, domestic air conditioning, cheap air conditioning, Daikin aircon units in the UK, split air conditioning, portable air conditioning, air conditioning installation, air conditioning leak detection, twin split air conditioning unit installations in the UK, split system air conditioning in the UK, ceiling cassette air conditioning units, LG air conditioning systems in the UK, air cleaner installations UK, air conditioning repairs, air conditioning rates UK, and more. If there are additional UK air conditioning requirements that you want but cannot see here, you should list them on the QUOTE FORM provided. Listed are just a handful of the activities that are handled by those specialising in air conditioning. UK specialists will tell you about their full range of services.
Air Conditioning Installation Near UK
Also here.: Birmingham air conditioning, Swansea air conditioning, Liverpool air conditioning, Cardiff air conditioning, England air conditioning, Wales air conditioning, Edinburgh air conditioning, Belfast air conditioning, Glasgow air conditioning, Greater Manchester air conditioning, London air conditioning, Sheffield air conditioning, Scotland air conditioning, Northern Ireland air conditioning, Bristol and more. All of these areas are served by companies who do air conditioning. UK home and business owners can get air conditioning price quotes by going
- UK Air Conditioning Units
- UK Cheap Air Conditioning
- UK Air Conditioning Servicing
- UK Air Conditioning Design
- UK Air Conditioning Systems
- UK Industrial Air Conditioning
- UK Air Conditioning Quotes
- UK Landlord Air Conditioning Services
- UK Air Conditioning Repairs
- UK Air Conditioning Maintenance
- UK Air Conditioning Surveys
- UK Air Conditioning Installation
- UK Heat Recovery Ventilation Systems
- UK Air Conditioning Heating
Air Conditioning Around UK: Air conditioning installation has recently been done in these UK areas - Roman Gardens, Pinehurst Close, Essex Lane, Hemsley Road, Love Lane, Bishop Court, Rosehill Gardens, Grosvenor Square, Arundell Road, Orchard Avenue, The Crescent, Trident Road, Sheppey's Lane, Gable Close, Cheshire Drive, Coates Dell, Glenmore Gardens, Pryor Close, Dairy Way, Mount Pleasant Lane, Lemonfield Drive, Chequers Lane, The Shires, Lemon Field Drive, College Road, Oak Green, Katherine Place, Hercules Way, Berkeley Close, as well as these UK area postcodes: SL4 1NG, SL4 2BB, SL4 1PE, SL4 1YA, SL4 1HN, SL4 1WZ, SL4 1JF, SL4 1AT, SL4 1EW, SL4 1ED. These places recently saw activity by experts in air conditioning. UK residents received trusted and reliable air conditioning services on every occasion.
Professional air conditioning installation in the UK area, and dialling code 044.
Air Conditioning Units UK - Air Conditioning Installers UK - Air Conditioning Estimates UK - Cheap Air Conditioning UK - Landlord Services UK - Air Conditioning Technicians UK - 044 - Commercial Air Conditioning UK - Air Conditioning Near UK